Dr Jocelyn Lowinger specialises in coaching professionals in proactive career development including building leadership skills, and proactive promotion of wellbeing at work.
Jocelyn’s special interest is in helping professionals and organisations build working environments that promote positive mental health. She works with clients from a broad range of medical backgrounds including specialists, doctors in training, doctors working in metropolitan and rural settings, as well as other professionals.
Coaching is a tailored, proactive, collaborative and results oriented conversation that allows people to build the skills, behaviours and self-awareness required to:
- develop effective leadership behaviours including building capacity for managing highly stressful and uncertain work environments
- explore career options and design work that provides meaning and purpose
- engage in the proactive management of their own wellbeing.
The coaching approaches Jocelyn uses are informed by the best available evidence and are grounded in psychological theories of human behaviour, motivation and adult development.
With a diverse career, Jocelyn has become an expert at translating diverse career experiences and adapting to increasingly complex career challenges. She has successfully undergone several career transitions extending from clinical work in hospitals and general practice to the non-clinical worlds of research, writing and communications, consulting and coaching.
Jocelyn undertakes ongoing professional development including clinical supervision. She aligns with the Australian Medical Association Code of Ethics and the International Coach Federation Code of Ethics.
- Master of Science in Coaching Psychology, Sydney University (current)
- Graduate Certificate in Coaching & Counselling, Deakin University (2015)
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health, UNSW (2007)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (Honours), UNSW (1993)
- Bachelor of Science (Medicine), UNSW (1993)
Other coach training
- 2016: Contextual Coaching
- 2015: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- 2014: HealthChange® Methodology Basics and Decision Framework.
Invited National Mental Health Advisory Roles
- NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence in Suicide Prevention: Co-Chair Lived Experience Advisory Group
- National Digital Mental Health Gateway: Core Community Working Group
- NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence in Suicide Prevention: Suicide Prevention Framework for NSW Steering Committee